Masturbation is simply the art or practice of fiddling with your reproductive organ, exciting yourself and discharging of fluid (for female) and semen (for men).
Sometimes last year, a popular Pastor caused a stir in the cyberspace with his endorsement of masturbation on You tube. My initial approach was to check if the Pastor was a doctor, because some doctors endorse masturbation. However, those doctors usually fail to tell of the health hazard masturbation will cause in the long run.
While I was on air, a young man sent in sms on Top Radio 90.9FM #Sincerelymen on Sunday 7th of June, 2015 and another young man sent in text on Sunday, 14th June, 2015 threatening to commit suicide as his manhood has ‘’died’ as a result of addiction to pornography and masturbation. And I did respond on the two major areas that masturbation will affect anyone who indulges in the practice. Please patiently read on as I will soon re-emphasis it again
Yes people argue it that instead of committing fornication, is it not better to sexually induce myself and get relieve therefrom? Friends, the relieve you get from masturbation is a temporary one. It is NOT the same thing as what you get in sex.
Like I always say, God prescribed sex for married people and rather than burn with passion, Paul wrote that we should marry. So, instead of burning with sexual passion why don’t you marry. Yes, I want to marry but I am not yet ready to marry? Ok, if that is the case, then wait until you are ready, wait until you are qualified to engage in sex. What many single people need to know is that;
- Sex outside of marriage is sin
- Sex can cut somebody’s life short because you never can tell which other person your partner is seeing. I have childhood friends that died as a result of contracting HIV/AIDS years ago. So, trust me I am not sharing fables.
- Sex outside of marriage breeds mistrust in relationship.
- Sex is communicating with your partners spirit. If he or she is harlot, you are done for it. A harlot is not necessarily those who indulge in sex for money but also those who indulge in sex for pleasure!
- Sex can become an addiction like cocaine. When you become addicted to it you want to do it just with anybody including even your blood relatives.
- Some female virgins disvirgined themselves in the process of self inducing themselves in masturbation. Hey, you ought to be proud that you are a virgin when your prince eventually find you but here you are not different from those who have long been lost in sexual perversion. The only difference between you and them is simply that it was done for others but you did yours yourself.
- Sex on your wedding night is better and sweeter and more sweeter at honeymoon than at any other time before it.
- Sex outside of marriage will derail your destiny. See the story of Samson in the Bible. Yes, Samson’s destiny was to destroy the Philistines but did he need to die with the lords of the philistine? A good hero is not one who pay with his life. A good hero is one who made the enemy die for his country or a cause! That is why David was different. He killed Goliath and became a hero. Though he also had his frailties and he did pay dearly for his sexual escapades than he bargained for despite that God had mercy on him and forgave him.
- Sex itself is never enough. Ask those who are married if they have ever had enough. If they ever have enough they wouldn’t need to come back to their spouses for more.
- Masturbation is not the solution to temptation for sex. Masturbation is also not an alternative to sex!
WHY MARRIED PEOPLE MASTURBATES
- Persistent absence of spouse
- Insatiable sex from their spouses
- Poor and boring sex
- Addiction to pornography and addiction to masturbation before marriage
- Outright sexual perversion
HAZARDS OF MASTURBATION
- Spiritual implication: In the book of Leviticus, God said to Moses and Aaron;
“Speak to the children of Israel, and say to them: ‘When any man has a discharge from his body, his discharge is unclean. And this shall be his uncleaness in regard to his discharge-whether his body runs with his discharge, or his body is stopped up by his discharge, it is his uncleanness’’ Leviticus 15 Vs 1-3
It says further;
‘’If any man has an emission of semen, then he shall wash all his body in water, and be unclean until evening’’ Leviticus 15 Vs 16.
As the scripture addressed men it also addressed women even though the emphasis for women was blood, however see the final conclusion of the scripture;
“Thus you shall separate the children of Israel from their uncleanness, lest they die in their uncleanness when they defile My tabernacle that is among them. This is the law for one who has a discharge, and for him who emits semen and is unclean thereby…….’’ Leviticus 15 Vs 31-33
Unlike in the old testament, our bodies are now the tabernacle of God and we ought to keep it Holy as a living sacrifice.
“Do you know that you are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you? If anyone defiles the temple of God, God will destroy him. For the temple of God is holy, which temple you are’’ 1 Corinthians 3 Vs 16-17
- HEALTH HAZARDS: a. As a lady you expose yourself to infection and all kinds of dangers when you insert objects or your finger into your sexual organ. b. Men expose themselves to the danger of prostrate enlargment and its attendant consequences. c. Men also expose themselves to future sexual dysfunction like quick ejaculation and EDD (Erectile dysfunction disease) which is making many married women and their spouses suffer the agony of unsatisfactory and inadequate sex. This is what breeds infidelity as married people who lack discipline and self control begin to seek sexual pleasures outside their matrimony.
SO, WHAT IS THE SOLUTION TO MASTURBATION?
- Go and marry. Rather than continue to burn with passion, marriage will give you the desired license to enjoy sexual pleasure in a legal way.
- Go and meet your spouse if he or she is far from you. Arrange to see each other and spend quality time together even apart from sex purposes. Please travel if you have to. Some VIP prisoners are given access to their spouses by prison warders even for sex. So, if your spouse is not a prisoner, you have no excuse.
- Take your mind off it. Sex works with the mind. And you can discipline your mind to focus on other things whilst you abstain
- Stop watching or reading pornographic materials. It kills gradually psychologically, morally and spiritually. And nowadays because of the way many ladies dress, men have a huge chunk of unsolicited pornographic images to grapple with everywhere. Nothing defiles the body like what you hear, what you see or read!
- If romance movies trigger the feeling, abstain from watching such movies at least for the time being.
- Avoid staying in an isolated place or room. Stop staying idle even if you are unemployed. Get busy doing something tangible for your life.
- Regularly feed your spirit with the Word of God and grow thereby!
- Work on your thinking faculty. Think positive thought always regardless of what life throws at you. Sex or masturbation is not the way to ‘enjoy’ life. When you change your thinking you change your life forever!
- Give your spouse a worthwhile experience in the bedroom not a boring and uninspiring sex. Change the style if he or she is complaining. Sex should be dynamic and not to be done rigidly.
Friends, like I said to the young man who threatened to kill himself because his manhood is weak and ‘dead’, suicide is not the solution to your problem. Weak erection can be corrected medically. See your doctor for what to do. Masturbation kills slowly and is a major cause of quick ejaculation, week erection and indeed outright power failure in many men. Power failure is not talking about PHCN taking power but in you telling stories about traffic and about the Champions league match you just watched when you are in the bedroom with your wife.
Ask God to help you. Pray to God for help. Give your life to Jesus if you are yet to do so and you will stop thinking about sex and masturbation.
Still Yours on this platform
You can follow me on facebook @ Adegboyega A ilori or twitter @ Gboyegailori